Torachi ani Sansaav Kodi / Mango and Mustard Curry well everyone must be wondering, mango season not yet started and Raw Mango Curry? Yes, you read correctly I was lucky to have raw mango available here in the Middle East, just prepared the craving divine curry, if anyone craving raw mango curry do give try.
We, Goan, Calls “Tor” mean Mango and “Sansaav” mean Mustard Seeds, my granny use to prepare a similar curry, it was my childhood favourite curry, especially in mango season.
This curry is very delicious and special when raw mango added it’s tangy and a bit spicy flavour and goes well with white stem rice, this curry can be prepared with seafood or veggie as well, but with mango can’t compare with any other ingredients, the texture is very smooth.
Serve : 3 – 4
1 Medium Ripe Mango
1 tsp. Mustard seeds
4 to 5 Curry Leaves
Small piece of Brown Jaggery
Salt to taste
Blend into Smooth Paste :
3/4 Cup Fresh Grated Coconut
2 Red Dry Kashmiri Chillies
1/4 tsp. Turmeric
1 medium Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
Pinch of Fenugreek PWD. / seeds
3 Curry Leaves
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1 tbsp. Coriander Seeds
1. Take a blender / Mixer add all the above ingredients add water some water and blend into a smooth paste.
2. Meanwhile take a tor / raw mango and peel the skin carefully and dice into medium pieces & keep aside.
3. Once the masala blend to smooth paste take a stainer, add blend paste and extract the juice of blend masala, discard the granulated masala.
4. Heat the oil in an earthen pot at medium heat add mustard seeds once it splutters, adds curry leaves to saute for a second.
5. Add chopped mango chunks saute for while, then add thick juice and incorporate well, add jaggery and some water accordingly.
6. Add salt and let it cook for few minutes till mango chunks tender and absorb the curry well, adjust will salt, serve with hot stem along with omelette, fish, or veggies.
7. Relish every bite of mango divine curry and serve with white stem rice also with an omelette.
Egg Omelet :
3 Medium Onion 2 green chilly 1 tomato 1 tsp. Garam masala Few Fresh Coriander Salt to taste.
1. Dice the onion, tomatoes, and green chilli into a fine and keep aside.
2. Take a bowl to add all chopped ingredients, garam masala, add eggs salt incorporate well.
3. Heat a frying pan add oil, at medium heat add mixed ingredients and let it cook for while fold into a long strip let it cook for few seconds, switch off the flame.
4. Serve the omelette with divine curry and white stem rice snd relish every bite.
5. Omelet you can also serve with Ros means gravy, accomplish with flatbread or pita bread, over a weekend.
Recipe Courtesy: Aromaticessence. co
1. original recipe did not extract masala, it depends on each desire.
2. In the original recipe peppercorn add more than mine so adjust accordingly.
3. Substitute for jaggery with sugar.
4. Substitute of mango with tamarind, has to add along blending masala.
5. I use an earthen pot it can be cook in any pot.