Tahari yes you’ll hear me correct and today I would love to share Hyderabadi Cuisine, the perfect meal over the weekend Tahari is similar to briyani, this pulao was so delectable, juicy and tender meat relished every bit, we’ll have to be a bit careful while adding water in rice in case of too much water it will not keep the rice loose. This Pulao was aromatic at my whole home while cooking.
This pulao was so delicious with all the spices and with the mutton was amazing, it can also be made with vegetables, and, its colour is so delightful, the spice was amazing while having the pulao all the flavour was blasting in the mouth, with the mint raita, was to the next level. I have enjoyed it with my family and they approved this amazing recipe, do give it a try and relish it with your family.
Serve: 4 – 5
1 Kg Mutton / Beef wash and cut into medium pieces.
2 cup Basmati rice
3 Medium Red Onion finely chopped
1 medium tomato chopped
2 Green Chilly slit
1 large stick cinnamon
1 tsp. Caraway (Shahi Jeera)
1 tbsp. Ginger/garlic paste
1 tbsp. Red chillies pwd.
1/2 tsp turmeric pwd.
1 cup yoghurt
1 tbsp. Chopped fresh coriander leaves.
1 tbsp. Chopped mint leaves
1 tbsp garam masala pwd.
1 tsp lemon juice.
Salt to taste.
1. Wash and cut the mutton/beef with bone and apply salt to keep aside.
2. Take a pressure cooker to add oil medium heat add cinnamon Caraway (Shahi Jeera) seeds and saute for a second.
3. Add green chilly, add chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent, add ginger & garlic paste saute till it smell goes.
4. Add mutton/beef and incorporate well, saute till it turns brownish, then add red chillies, turmeric powders, and saute well.
5. add chopped tomatoes saute till it turns mushy, add beaten yoghurt incorporate well, add chopped mint and coriander let meat cook for few minutes till it realizes oil.
6. Add 1 cup of water let meat cook and tender, switch the flame after 3 whistles.
7. Take another big deep pot to add 2 cup wash rice, add cook meat measure the gravy in a cup add 3 cup water, salt, give a quick stir, let it cook at high flame.
8. After 10 minutes check the taste, add salt according to taste, add garam masala, lime juice, let rice cook till it is done, switch the flame.
9. Serve hot a delicious Tahari Pulao with Mint Raita.
Mint Raita :
Raita is a perfect pair with pulao / briyani and with a twist, by adding fresh mint, it was outstanding, it was my family-approved recipe.
Let begin with Mint Raita as below :
1 1/2 cup of fresh yoghurt.
6 Mints leaves
1 green chilly.
2 Red medium onion
1 medium tomato
1 big Cucumber
Salt to taste.
1. Clean and wash mint leaves and keep them aside.
2. Chopped finely onion, cucumber, red tomato discard the seeds.
3. Take a blender to add 1 1/2 tbsp Yogurt mint leaves along with green chilly and blend for a second.
4. Take a bowl to add chopped ingredients onion, cucumber, tomato, and blend mint with yoghurt, incorporate well, add remaining yoghurt and mix well, add salt according to taste.
12 thoughts on “Tahari Pulao”
It sure does look very appetizing, love it!
Thank you dear Loretta & glad you like ☺
Perfectly cooked rice! Looks awesome dear 🙂
Linda, the tahari looks perfectly cooked and so yummy! love the pairing with the raita too! I have had kheema tahari but not mutton, so will have to make this soon;)
Thank you so much dearie Sandhya and interesting with Kheema & glad you like 😙
Thank you dear Ritu ☺
Thank you Susan ☺
Looks delicious Linda!
Thank you Sweety Nandini 😘
Reblogged this on Linda Creation.
You must log in to post a comment.