I prepared this Squid / Calamari Masala Fry with Goan Treasure “Recheado Masala” this is a popular ground masala blend into a smooth paste with dry Kashmiri Chilly, other spices and blend with only vinegar for longer preservation this masala is a must in goan kitchen, for jiffy to prepare, there are ample of tasty stuffing or curry to prepared like stuffed fish & Squid, Rava fry, cutlets, and mackerel pickle, this mackerel pickle can stay more than 15 days, voila you will have a delicious lip-smacking dishes can prepare with this magical masala.
“Squid / Calamari Masala Fry” is a Goan popular meal, and with Recheado masala it’s going to next level, this meal is one of favorite meal for my hubby, well Valentine is around the corner, so just planning to prepare his favorite meal, and wanted to make more special, we get meals in the restaurant are quick there is no harden affords, but preparing at home is a special treat for loved ones.
Lets begin with Squid / Calamari Masala Fry list of ingredient and method noted below :
Serve : 3 – 4
Ingredients for Recheado Masala :
12 Red Kashmiri chilies (Soak the chilly into warm water for 3 minutes)
2 two-inch sticks of cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1 level tsp. Cumin
8 cloves garlic
2 medium-sized onions
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp. Salt
Vinegar 1/4 cup – to blend to a thick paste
1. Chop the onions fine and roast in pan with 1 tbsp of oil on a skillet till light brown.
2. Take a blender add all the spices noted above ingredients except the vinegar in the blend and grind to a powder / you can also blend all the ingredients.
3. Add vinegar as required so that it blends smooth paste.
Ingredient for Squid / Calamari Masala Fry :
10 Medium Squids / Calamari
1/ 2 Cup Recheado Masala
Salt to taste
1. Clean the Squids and discard the tentacles, cut squid into ring/round thick 1″ (inch).
2. Take a bowl to add Recheado Masala 2 tbsp. apply for squid ring/round cut add salt and marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Take a pan add some oil add marinade squid and saute for 5 to 10 minutes add salt according to desire.
4. Switch off the flame, don’t overcook it will turn rubbery.
5. Can serve with white stem rice along with coconut or any gravy, relish every bite.
1.For less spicy, discard the seeds it depends on each desire.
2. This Recheado Masala has to blend with only vinegar without adding a single drop of water, can refrigerator for more than a week.
3. For hot/spicy each can increase the chili.
4. Try to use Goan Vinegar homemade if you can or substituted it with any other vinegar.