Spinach / Palak Raita is well accomplished with briyani or plain steam rice, it is a very smooth texture made with thick yoghurt there are different variations with veggies or any fruits also, I have shared how to prepare this recipe.
Today I share Spinach / Palak Raita? Yes, spinach another name we call palak in India, even I was impressed when I came across with whisk affair recipe, I couldn’t resist my self and craving for this amazing raita recipe and prepared, at last, I have given a bit twist and garnish with corn, it was awesome and delicious this raita is so jiffy to prepare.
I have enjoyed preparing this amazing recipe, I have used it with corn for garnishing, I love the crunch it depends on each desire, I took this raita, my colleagues loved the texture and the bite of the crunch corn, this raita can be served for any occasion and especially goes well with briyani it will match a perfect pair, and serve as a dip as well.
If you like this recipe and relish it with your family do give it a try and impress your family with biryani.
250 gram. Yoghurt
1/2 tsp. Oil
1/2 tsp. Cumin seeds
1/2 Cup Spinach / Palak
1 Medium Green chilly
1/2 tsp. Roasted cumin powder
1/2 tsp. Black salt
1 tbsp boil Corn (garnish)
Black salt / normal salt to taste
1. Wash spinach and chopped into fine along with green chilly.
2. Take a pot add frozen corn and water, cook for while, don’t overcook, keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, at medium heat add cumin seeds let splutter. Add spinach along with chopped green chilli saute well.
4. Cover the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until spinach is softened.
5. Switch the flame and let the sautéed spinach cool completely.
6. Take a bowl add fresh yoghurt and whisk until smooth, add the cool sauteed spinach, cumin powder, salt, and incorporate well, garnish with corn.
7. Serve the raita chilled with pita bread or with biryani.