Hi, friends hope all are doing good and we are just starting the year and we are end of the 1st month. Well, today recipe is a very simple and soulful platter, Simple Thali / Saadi Boshi (Saadi Boshi – mean in Goan Konkani Simple Thaali / Meal) which is always a delight to have over a weekday, there is no special day requires to relish this gorgeous spread and we can have at any meal like for lunch or dinner.
Today Simple meal is very nutritious with Moringa Oleifera / Drumstick leaves Dal, this recipe for drumstick fan or fussy kids who say “NO” to have drumstick leaves than here is the perfect way to melt the kiddos 😜
Today Menu as follows :
1. Moringa Oleifera / Drumstick Leaves Dal
2. Turkish Seabream Fried Fish
3. Moong Dal Veggie
So let us begin with the recipe.
1 cup Masoor dal
1/2 Cup Drumstick leaves
1 Tomato, chopped a big chunk
1 Red Onion, chopped a big chunk
3 -4 Cloves Garlic
Salt to taste.
For Tempering :
1 tbsp. Ghee / Oil
1 – 2 Dried red chilly
1/2 tsp. Mustard Seeds
4 – 5 Curry Leaves.
1/2 tsp. Cumin seeds
4-6 onion small.
1. Cleaned and washed masoor dal add in a pressure cooker along with onion, tomato, drumstick leaves, garlic, turmeric add water and salt, cook at medium heat.
2. After 2 whistles of the Pressure cooker turn off the fire.
3. In the meantime, take a pan add oil or ghee at medium heat add cumin and mustard seeds & allow it to splutter, add Indian small onion and fry for a few minutes.
4. Add dried red chilly and Curry Leaves. Pour this into the dal and check the salt, add according to each desire and mix well, switch off the flame.
5. Serve this gorgeous dal Chapatti or with hot steamed rice along with pickle and fried fish.
With Dal and white steam rice meal a pair with fried fish with bit crispy is perfect, I share with simple fried fish and we can also relish with Goan Recheado, squid masala fry here. So let us begin with fried fish.
6 Turkish Seabream Fish / Any Fish
1 tbsp. Pepper Powder
1 tbsp. Lime juice
Salt to taste
1. Take a fish clean and wash fish slightly slit the fish, keep aside.
2. Take a bowl to add pepper pwd Lime juice and salt incorporate well add fish apply the mixture well into the slit and let it marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Take a fry in a pan add oil, at medium heat add fish, and fry till it is brownish and crispy.
4. Take a plate add rice pour hot drumstick dal with a dollop of pickle and fried fish.
5. Serve with fresh chopped onion, green pepper, and relish every bite.
Green Moong Dal
Green moong dal pulses are one of my favorite and package of nutritious my kids doesn’t love many pulses hence I love to try for them something new so that they have a nutritious meal, so today I share very simple moong dal veggie.
1 cup Moong dal
1 tbsp. Ginger and Garlic paste
1 tsp. Garam masala
1 medium red onion
1 tbsp. Tomatoes puree
5 -6 Curry Leaves
2 Green fresh chilly
1. Wash and soak dal overnight the next day add moong dal in the pressure cooker add some water salt let it cook.
2. Meanwhile finely chopped onion and tomatoes, curry leaves (as the desire for my kids doesn’t eat full leaves). Chopped green chilly into 3 pieces.
3. After 2 whistles switch off the flame.
4. Take a deep pot to add oil at medium heat add curry leaves after a few seconds, add ginger and garlic paste saute for while, add chopped onion saute till it turns translucent then add tomato saute till it turns mushy add garam masala add salt.
5. Saute for while the masala then adds cooked moong dal, let it cook for while then add tomato puree. Check the salt, add if required.
6. Switch off the flame, add fresh green chilly, and serve with hot white steam rice, pouring some hot dal, fried fish along with a dollop of a pickle.