Simple meal is alway a soul meal and even favorite to ma Sonshine & Princess’s whenever i prepare this simple food they be happy and @ home we all love to have dis simple thali, well ma daughter is a big fan of chicken & i dont like to give me much so i prepare this simple meal, coz cant have alwys non-veggie coz feel bore
Well i prepare 2 more thali earlier that was ma experience and experiment into ma kitchen and if you Love do try.
well this time i share ma Simple Thali # 3 which is very simple as i share earlier once.
Ma Simple Thali # 3 ingredient is noted below :
Ingredients for Masoor Dal :
- Masoor Dal Orange – 150 gms
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves – 3 piece (chopped into small)
- Onion – 1 small (chopped into small)
- Hing (Asofoetida) – 1 t/s
- Turmeric Pwd. – 1 t/s
- Water – ½ cup
- Green or any pepper for garnish
- Salt as per taste
- Firstly take a pressure cooker add masoor (orange) dal add water & pressure cook upto 1 whistles (coz i dont wanted to mash completely.
- Meantime chopped the onion and garlic and keep a side.
- Once dal cook take a wok add ghee add garlic and sauté for a while then add hing then add the chopped onion and saute till it turn to translucent.
- Now add turmeric pwd. and saute for a minute.
- Mix the cook dal and see the consistency of dal and add accordingly to each desire.
- Add salt for seasoning. Let the dal cook for about 10 mins more on medium flame or once it starts bubbling heavily, than close the flame. Masoor dal is ready.
- Serve hot with rice or Roti.
- Garnish with few green chilly.
Ingredients for Dry Green Pease :
Green Peas – 1 cup
Onion – 1 sliced
Garlic Cloves – 3 piece (Chopped into small)
Green chillies – 2 slit
Tomatoes – 1 medium (chopped into medium piece)
Channa masala – 2 tsp.
Chilly Pwd. 1 tbsp.
Turmeric pwd. – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste.
Soak the green peas in water overnight for 8 hours.
Take a pressure cooker with enough water, salt and cook for 10 minutes / 1 whistle than close the flame.
Take a pot add oil and heat at medium heat than add the chopped garlic sauté for while don’t make dark brown, than add onions sauté till it turn to translucent.
Add the chopped tomato, green chilly, sauté for while till tomato is mash then add the turmeric pwd. Add the cooked green peas and channa masala sauté for 1 second add water from cooker check the salt and let it simmer for 10 minutes / till the gravy is thick, than close the flame.
Yummy dry green peas is ready garnish with green chilly or coriander leaves
Serve with white steam rice / chapapti.
For Mumbai halwa can follow this link below :
Pickle – Lime & Chilly Courtesy to Sujatha Arun