Hello, Friend after a long break and here I am back, with a lot of memories and a load of food secrete from both my mum, well many of you’ll know I had gone on holidays and really believe me it’s was amazing and felt like the days was so short, felt like to stay back to enjoy more with family and friends as we miss many things, but the life has to go on.
It’s was a rainy season in August and we enjoyed the fullest, kids just love to have fun in rain and didn’t leave a stone to enjoyed and wanted to stay back, free of tension and load of friends, break from studies as well. Some Capture of Vacation.
I to enjoy with a load of food from mums and sis-in-law it was a treat for me I can say, and many things I learned from my both mum and sis-in-law they cooking are quite different than my mum and procedure as well but really enjoyed a treat from breakfast to dinner.
Today I share goa memories of Pork Chop which I cook with green masala, it was terrific and the meat was so juicy and family relishes every bite, well was waiting to cook with pork from a long time and the wise come true when I been to goa, can also make this chop with bit thick gravy or dry as well, it goes well with Indian flatbread or any other flatbread. It was a bit long procedure bit worth it once you taste it and full house with the aroma while grilling.
So let’s begin with the recipe it’s very simple I had done many time this green masala I use similar, and apply and kept overnight and grill the next day it coats well to the meat every bite could feel the taste, it’s Goan Cuisine. So for the Green Masala you need.
6 Pork Chops / Mutton Chops
(Wash and apply salt keep aside)
Masala to Grind :
One Big bunch of Fresh coriander
½ Cup Mint Leaves
3 Green Chilies
6 Garlic Cloves
1inch Ginger Piece
½ inch cinnamon
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
Vinegar to grind
1. Take a blender and the grind masala ingredients add vinegar and grind into a smooth paste.
2. Add the ground masala into pork chops/mutton chops and rub well, and marinate overnight or 3 to 4 hrs. but I feel overnight marinating tastes better.
3. Pre~heat the oven to 150° C, once it heats keep the marinated pork/mutton chops and grill for over 45 to 50 minutes, after 25 minutes flip over and let it grill for 25 minutes more, check the meat is done take a knife and put a small cut to meat when the see the meat juice is white it is done if it is red let it grill for more 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Take the chops on the plate add some onion, tomato, and green chili with a sprinkle of vinegar and salt and relish every bite, serve with white rice and coconut curry of cauliflower.
Cauliflower with Coconut Milk
500 gram. Cauliflower
2 Medium Onion (chopped into lengthwise)
1 Tomato (chopped into a small cube)
3 Fresh Chilly Chopped
4 Pieces of Fresh Curry leave (optional)
2 tbsp. Dry Prawns
Tamarind water – 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste.
Blend to Smooth Paste as listed :
1 Fresh Coconut grated (Medium Size)
1 tbsp. Coriander dry
1 tsp. Cumin
5 cloves of Garlic
1 tsp. Turmeric powder
1. Separate the flower of cauliflower into desire pieces, into medium don’t make it too small, take a bowl add water and salt add the cauliflower and keep for 10 to 15 minutes to kill any insect. (This tip from my granny).
2. Take a blender add a blended ingredient and little water and grind into a smooth paste, which blending the ingredient chop the onion, tomato, and fresh chilly and keep aside.
3. Then take a bowl to keep the strainer (fine hole) pour the ground smooth paste, into a strainer and extract the thick juice of coconut along with other ingredients and keep aside.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil at medium heat add curry leaves saute for a second, then add chopped onion saute till it turns to translucent, add the tomato saute for while till mushy, add the extract coconut juice let it cook for few minutes then add cauliflower discard the water, add salt let it cook for while adding tamarind juice along with dry prawns.
5. After 5 minutes check the salt add a pinch of sugar and chopped fresh chilly cook for a second and switch off the flame.
6. Serve hot with white steam rice along with pork chops and onion salad.
4 Fresh Onion
1 Big Tomato
2 Fresh Green Chilly
3 tbsp. Vinegar
Salt to taste
1. Chop onion, green chilly, and tomato lengthwise, take a bowl add all chopped ingredients mix well add vinegar and salt, serve with rice or Pulao.
This Chop can be done with Beef / Mutton also and can make with thick gravy or grill it depend on each desire.
After marination for meat, it’s good to keep overnight for better results.