Orange Chicken with yellow rice is very simple to prepare and fewer ingredients, most of the ingredients will be in your pantry, this chicken gravy is so flavorful with tangy and spicy and pair well with the yellow rice.
Well, I am pretty sure this recipe will be a favourite recipe for kids, parents, spouse, friends, family and sure they will request for again and again. This meal was my family favourite and approved by them. So do give try and impress your family.
Health Benefit :
Orange is a citrus fruit, is an excellent source of vitamin C, is a powerful natural antioxidant. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful, pro-inflammatory free radicals from the blood.
Serve : 3 – 4
500 g Chicken thigh
1 tbsp. Ginger / Garlic Paste
1 Fresh Orange Cut into wedges
1 Onion medium – chopped into long
1 tbsp. dry Oregano
2 to 3 tsp Garam Masala curry paste
2 tbsp oil
Some oranges wedges to garnish
Salt, to taste
1. Take a chicken thigh cut into medium chunks add into a bowl wash, apply salt and keep aside.
2. Take a large skillet, add oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion sauté till it turns translucent, then add ginger/garlic paste sauté for while, then add the chicken chunks, dry oregano, cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until starting to soften.
3. Now add garam masala stir for 1 second then add the orange wedges add one or half cup of water (according to how thick gravy required) add the salt if desired coz already add the salt earlier to chicken.
4.Now reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or just until chicken is no longer pink inside. Close the flame and server with any rice
4. Garnish with orange wedges & also can squeeze over top.
Ingredients for Rice :
1 ½ Cup – Rice (preferably basmati)
2 medium Onion – (diced fine)
1 Tomato (diced into small pieces)
3 Green chillies (dice into the long strip)
1 tbsp. Ginger/garlic paste
½ Turmeric pwd.
3 cup water
3 tbsp. Ghee
Salt to taste
1. Take a skillet add ghee at, medium heat add onion sauté till it turns translucent, then add ginger garlic paste and green chilly sauté for while then add tomato sauté till it is mashy.
2. Now add the turmeric powder, salt and water, and rice and let it cook on a slow flame in the middle mix gently so that the grain should not break. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes and close the flame.
3. Serve it with Chicken Orange gravy or with any gravy.
14 thoughts on “Orange Chicken with yellow rice”
I love the brightness of citrus this time of year, sounds delish!
Thx a ton, stopping by ma blog dear & ♡ ur blog too 🙂
Reblogged this on dawnspitfire's blog and commented:
Recipe save …. & share 😉
Thx a bunches dear Dawns <3
I would eat the heck out of this!
The combination of orange and curry sounds so delicious! The rice sounds so flavorful too. Can’t wait to try this out soon!
Thank you so much dear Maggie & glad you like
This sound so yummy. I love orange chicken.
Thank you so much
This looks super delicious! Lovely post Melinda!
Thank you so much darling Priya.
You must log in to post a comment.