Mutton Kodi (gravy) with plain yellow pulao is a favorite of ma kids @ all time and whenever weekend come ma kids ready to attack mama yummy food ma little master chef son is ma judge.
Well Mutton Kodi – it mean we goan say kodi for gravy and just refresh the memories and many recipe i prepare with veggie, chicken and mutton i alwys mentioned gravy but today mentioned kodi a typical goan name.
For mutton gravy i use mutton chop and use red chilly masaala which goes well with mutton and never use oil for this kodi coz mutton has fat with it’s cook and taste aws. so for this reason i dont use oil to cook.
Well this was ma kitchen story if you love dis mix match do try and give me the feedback.
Ingredientssssssssss for Mutton Kodi and Pulao listed below :
- Mutton Chop – 1kg
- Dry Kashmiri red chilly – 10-12 piece (can deseed coz of spicy)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Cloves – 6 piece.
- Vinegar – 4 tbsp.
- Onions – 2 medium (chopped into length wise)
- Garlic Colves – 6 pieces
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Tamarind small piece
- Cinnamon – ½ stick
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Kashmiri in warm water for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut the Mutton (I use mutton chops) into big chunks, wash and apply salt & vinegar keep a side.
- Take a blender add soak kasmiri chilly, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cumin & Tamarind and blend to smooth paste.
- Take a pressure cooker add the mutton, add onion and blend paste, salt & add water and keep on medium flame with two whistle close the flame.
- Serve it with plain yellow pulao, steaming hot rice or roti /paratha or naan.
Ingredients For Pulao:
- Rice – 1 ½ cup (preferably basmati)
- Onion – 2 medium
- Tomato – 1 big (cut into small pieces)
- Green chilli – 3 (chopped into long strip)
- Ginger / garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric Pwd. – ½ tsp.
- Water – 3 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Green Chilly pickle for garnish (Lebanese – ready made)
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a pan @ medium heat add ginger garlic paste and green chilly sauté for while. Then add the chopped onion sauté till it turn to translucent and then add tomato sauté till it is mash.
- Now add the turmeric pwd., salt and water, and rice and let it cook on slow flame in middle mix gently so that the grain not break.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes and close the flame.
- Serve it with any Mutton chop kodi (gravy) or of your choice.
You must log in to post a comment.