Hello, Foodie Fam hope you all had a great day, I had a minty chicken briyani it was so delicious and soon will prepare again, as my food just love this minty chicken briyani.
There is nothing more like the aroma that wafts, in the home when you cook “Briyani” with own grounds spices at home, my kids love briyani so this time I prepared Minty Chicken Briyani, the flavour was amazing, it was approved by my foodie family.
Mint Briyani is amazing as I had to prepare from scratch, marinate the chicken along with crispy fried onion, and with oil, incorporate all the spices and kept overnight so that marinate the chicken properly and infused the marination into the chicken. It’s a very simple procedure to prepare this beautiful briyani.
For this briyani I have cook the rice half done, then layer with chicken and garnish with, fresh mint & crispy onion and sealed the lid with foil, can also do these step with dough (flour). You take off the lid my aroma filled the whole home, and happiness, when you see your dish is perfectly done with the single grain, is perfect.
Briyani is incomplete without a bowl of Raita, I have prepared with mint and it was an amazing combo, garnish with chilly, mint, and lemon, Last but not least a chilled glass of Lemon Zest with Mint.
Ingredients for Briyani :
1 kg Whole Chicken
400 gm of yoghurt
1/2 cup oil
1/3 Cup of fried onion (brown not too dark)
Salt to taste
To blend into a smooth paste :
1 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic
1/2 cup of chopped fresh mango
1 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
3-4 green chillies, chopped chunk
2 tsp of coriander powder
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
5 – 7 Cloves
4 Green Cardamom.
Instructions for Marinade Chicken :
1. Wash the chicken and dry the excess water, apply salt and keep aside, meantime blend the above marinade ingredients.
2. Take a blender and blend smooth paste.
3. Take a mixing bowl add chicken, hung yoghurt, incorporate well, add the blend ingredients, incorporate well, then add 1/2 cup oil, fried crispy onion incorporate, keep in the fridge to marinate overnight / 5 – 6 hours.
Ingredients for rice :
2-kilo basmati rice (soak for about 30 minutes)
Kesar (you can use saffron strands soaked in warm milk, or the food colour)
Whole garam masala to add in rice while cooking(tie in muslin cloth)
3 cardamon – green
3 cardamon – Black
3 bay leaf
Assembling Rice :
2 large onions
1 cup fresh mint leaves – chopped
1/2 cup fresh coriander – chopped
Salt to taste
1. Wash the rice and soak for 2 hours, after 2 hours Adrian the rice water, take a deep pot to cook as this will give space for the rice to cook well.
2. Add water in the pot, rice, and all the whole garam masala (tied in a muslin cloth) and add to rice water.
3. Cook the rice, meantime let’s diced onion lengthwise.
4. Take a frying pan add oil & fry onion till golden brown.
5. Check the rice it should cook 85 %. Now drain the rice, and run some cold water on it (this will prevent the rice from getting cooked further with the steam). Keep it aside.
5. Take a bottom pot, add marinated chicken into the pot in which you want to cook the biryani. Pour some oil/butter/ghee over the chicken.
6. Now place a layer of the half-cooked rice on it. Sprinkle the fried onions, some fresh mint leaves, Kesar powder, or saffron strands in milk, on the rice. Place some cubes of ghee as well.
7. Now add another layer of rice and repeat the above step.
8. Cover the vessel with foil paper and close the lid of the pot. Let is cook first on high flame for 5 mins and then slow the flame and further cook for 25 minutes.
8. Keep turning and shaking the pot in between to prevent burning at the bottom. Close the flame, don’t overcook it.
Yoghurt hung is nothing but – Take yoghurt and put into the Muslin cloth and hang for 10 – 15 minutes it takes out excess water.
Ingredients for Raita :
1 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
1 big red onion – diced fine
2 Green Chilly diced fine
5 – 6 Fresh mint leaves.
2 fresh red chilly for garnish.
Salt to taste
Instructions for Raita :
1. Take a blender add fresh mint leaves, green chilly, and add 1 tbsp. Yoghurt and blend.
2. Take a blow add chopped onion, add blended mint and chilly paste, add remaining curd, salt and incorporate, take a bowl add Raita and garnish with fresh chilly.
12 thoughts on “Minty Chicken Briyani”
Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.
Looks mouthwatering 🙂 lovely presentation dear 😀
Thank you Sweety Freda 💗
Yummy!! i loved this recipe 🙂
I have nominated you for the Premio Dardos Award do check it out when you get time here at :
Thank you so much dear, glad you like & I appreciate for include me dear & I will do participate 🙂
I have taken the liberty of nominating you for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award.
Do take a while to visit my post on it.
I hope you have a good day 🙂
Thank you so much & appreciate it, and same to you blessed day ahead
You are most welcome. 🙂
I can almost taste it
That’s So Kind of you dear 😘
You must log in to post a comment.