Stew is a Goan popular dish, it is nothing but veggies & meat are is boil separately, and then incorporated well with spices, it is a side dish of the family for get-together or parties, birthday, or any special occasions. It does have many steps but it is the only dish you need to cook as it is an entire meal in a bowl.
Stew, are prepared in various recipe add milk while cooking and some add three meat that is pork, beef, and chicken, some use only beef & chicken as well.
Well today I share my mum recipe which I relish in my childhood, and she doesn’t use milk, and when there was a feast or any function my mum use to cook it a day ahead, where she learned from her mum, she believes that it tastes better than same day cook.
This is a soulful meal where you can relish every bite, with each veggie and meat, I love the tantalizing aroma, and now my kids relish my traditional goan food glad they just love every bit.
500 grm macaroni (Elbow macaroni)
200 grm. beef
200 grm. Chicken – boil
150 gms carrots
150 gms potatoes
150 gms green peas
150gms. French Beans
3 medium onions (chopped fine)
100 gms tomatoes
1 tbsp. Garam masala pwd.
3″ inches cinnamon
Blend to granulated Coarsely paste with little water.
3-inch piece cinnamon
8 Garlic Cloves.
- Chopped the onions into fine, and keep aside, chopped carrot, french beans, potatoes and keep aside. Meantime let’s cook the beef.
2. Take a cooker add beef, salt or 1 Maggie cube, and 2 cup of water and cook beef, with three whistle close the flame, don’t discard the stock, in same stock cook the vegetable, one by one, cook potatoes don’t overcook, then remove it, then add carrot, french bean & then green peas. while vegetables are cooking, let blend the cloves & cinnamon to granulates paste. Once vegetables finish, let get to start assembling.
3. Take a bottom pot to add oil let it heat to medium add cinnamon & cloves saute for while then add chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent then add chopped tomatoes and fry till is mushy.
4. Take a wide pot add 4 cups water salt and 3 tbsp. Oil and cook, when it boil adds elbow macaroni and cook till it is done, meantime let’s blend paste.
5. Now add blend paste garlic and cinnamon, saute for while till its raw smell disappears, then add garam masala, Maggie cube 1 piece, and incorporate well then add boil veggies and beef, add remaining stock and let it cook for 10 minutes, check the salt, if required add according to taste, add last boil elbow macaroni and incorporate well.
6. Let it cook for 3 seconds and close the flame.
7. Serve hot, and relish every bit.