Gizzard Xacuti – It a Goan Traditional dish and very popular in the coastal (Goan and Konkan) preparing Chicken, mutton & Veggie as well. It’s a bit Spicy, tangy full of flavour. The Goan Xacuti masala is very famous and it’s prepared for every goan festival, like birthday, wedding, parties and picnic. It is a very popular and traditional recipe every goan don’t miss to prepare in any function along, with Vindaloo, Sorpotel, Sanna, Pulao, and many more, This Xacuti can also prepare with complex spicing, including white poppy seeds, sliced, grated coconut and large dried red chillies. It is usually prepared with chicken or lamb. It is also known as Chacuti in Portuguese.
Chicken Frankfurt Pulao, it tastes amazing it’s my kids favourite and mostly prepares, I’m sharing and it is very jiffy with all the dry spices sauté along with onion, tomatoes with as Maggie/salt cook till done, this pulao can also pack for kids lunch box, can also add some veggie it will be delicious, and for fussy kids to have their veggie can try with some chicken Frankfurt they will just love to have and not end with one plate sure they will have another plate.
Dates and Chilly Pickle is so sweet and sour tempting which I would like to share, it has a great flavour and taste. Pickles are mostly similar ingredients and verities of a dish in different places. This date and chilly pickle is an awesome combo and a bit sour and sweet this one is also equivalent to it in taste, this can be stored for more than a week.
Well today is my last post on my blog as I am heading to my holidays for one month and yes longing gap came to feel and thank “Jesus” for blessing us this amazing and beautiful holiday to My Country – India (Goa) my Jesus can’t express how much excited I am, hope I could sleep today, as so excited to see my beautiful family and my both Mum, well friends I will try to post or be active when I get time I will really miss all my friends at the same time so excited to visit my home, what a girl wants when she stay far away from her family……………. I am really Speechless even though my family is here but a mum place no one can replace.
500 gram. Chicken Gizzard – Cut into a medium cube
salt to taste.
Dry roast the following in a large pan
(until coconut is a light brown, taking care not to burn the spices).
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 dried Kashmiri chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp peanuts / Poppy Seeds (unsalted – peanuts)
1 Cup Fresh Grated Coconut
1 tsp turmeric
2 Green Cardamoms
2 clove of garlic
½ inch ginger
½ inch piece of cinnamon
A small ball of tamarind.
1 Onion – Chopped length-wise.
1. Take a frying pan add coconut and roast till light brown, take the roast coconut on a plate in the same pan add 1 tbsp. olive / any oil and add the other ingredient and roast for a while don’t roast too dark, switch the flame, take a blender add all the roasted ingredient, tamarind along with coconut add little water, and blend to smooth paste.
2. Take cooker to add oil at medium heat add onion sauté till translucent add chicken gizzard sauté for while adding salt, then add the blended paste, saute for while, pour 1 cup water close the lid and let it cook at medium flame when two whistles get to switch off the flame, check the salt and gravy consistency and adjust.
Actually, Xacuti poppy seeds are added I add Peanut because in Kuwait it difficult to get poppy seeds but in India it is available can use poppy seeds instead of peanut.
In case adding more water then cook for few minutes with the lid open.
Chicken Frankfurt Pulao
1 cup Basmati Rice
4 Chicken Frankfurt’s
2 Onion Medium (finely chopped)
1 Tomato (finely chopped)
1 tbsp. Turmeric powder
2 Anise Star
Ghee 6 tbsp
Salt / Maggie to taste
1. Take a bottom pot to add 6 tbsp. oil (can add more according to desire), let it heat at medium add the spices, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, anise star sauté for while then add chopped onion sauté till it turns translucent, then add tomato saute till it turns mushy.
2. Add chicken Frankfurt sauté for while, add turmeric pwd. then add salt or Maggie, add water incorporate well.
3. Add rice incorporates slowly see that grain should not break, close the lid it cook for till the rice is done for about 20-25 min in lowest flame, switch off the flame.
Sweet & Spicy Dates & Chilly Pickle
250 gram. Dry Dates (Raw)
5 Green Chilly
4 Fresh Curry Leaves
1 tbsp. Chilly Pwd.
1 tsp. onion/kalonji seed
1 tsp. Mustard seeds
½ asetafetado / hing pwd.
4 tbsp. grated jaggery
¾ cup of lime juice
Salt to taste
1. Wash and slit 2 sides and open the seed can discard easily and chopped into 3 pieces of each date, and dry with a kitchen towel and keep aside.
2. Diced Green Chilly and keep aside,
3. Take jaggery and grate keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds khonloji seeds let it crack, add asafetida / hing, add dates and sautés at low flame, it should not get burned, for 10 – 15 minutes
5. Add the red chilly pwd. and Turmeric pwd. sauté for while, add green chilly, lime juice, let it cook for 10 minutes, incorporated well and sauté, or it might burn to the bottom when lime water above to evaporate add jaggary sauté for few 3 minutes & close the flame.
6. Let it cook completely and store in glass sterilize the bottle, keep the bottle over a week shake in the middle and have after a week.
It stays for 2 weeks and while using use a clean and dry spoon.
Adjust with the spicy pwd.
Take a plate add Chicken Frankfurt pulao, Gizzard Xacuti with a dollop of dates pickle with Coconut water, and relish every bit.
13 thoughts on “Gizzards Xacuti, Chicken Frankfurt Pulao, Dates Pickle”
Wow, the date pickle is just mind blowing! It never occurred to me they are suitable for pickling. I’ll have to wait for the season of raw dates, but I will surely make this one! Thanks! 🙂
Thank you so much Ronit & glad you like to try, and waiting for your feedback
Yumm, any leftovers? :). This all looks wonderful, not sure I’ve ever tried gizzard xacuti before though, I love the regular xacuti, so I’m sure I’d love this too.
Thank you Sweets Loretta and to try gizzards xacuti it’s yummy
Yummy!!! Enjoy your trip dear 🙂
Thank you so much sweets.
This is so interesting!! I bet it’s absolutely delicious!
Thank you dearie Annie & truly agree
Hi Linda! I have nominated you for a recipe challenge post, check it out at , https://aromaticessence.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/cauliflower-dum-biryani-recipe-challenge-post/
I know you are on a vacation, so absolutely no rush, take your time 🙂
Thank you Sweety will update once I m back
Sure dear friend! No rush at all , take your time 🙂
Thank you Linda for nominating me for two awards!! It was wonderful to write about them, here’s the link ~ http://anartsyappetite.com/2015/08/13/two-awards-premio-dardos-and-dragons-loyalty-award/
You must log in to post a comment.