Cornflakes Crusted Fried Chicken, it just worth trying, it’s simple and jiffy too and the perfect snack for kids, my kids just love nuggets & popcorn, I am not satisfied to give them outside fast food. So, I made my own hence just tried them with Cornflakes crust it was outstanding with the crunchy bite and with a package of herbs, and tender chicken strip. In this recipe, I use chicken breast and then cut into tenders or fingers, and soak in buttermilk, for then coated with cornflakes with herbs and spices.
Buttermilk makes the chicken fingers so juicy and incredible in taste, and coating, I use cornflakes crust add in the zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin lightly bit granulated and then add the spice & herbs, and shallow fry, can also bake this chicken fingers for healthy I did earlier but I tried with shallow fry, just wanted to have an experiment 😛 but it was too outstanding.
So, I am sure a box of cornflakes in every house pantry and some chicken in the Fridge? so what you are waiting for do try and impress your little one and feel proud, by giving your kids healthy food, don’t forget to bake as well after having I am sure you will forget about Kentucky Fry Chicken, do some extra to pack for your angels to school too. Happy Cooking.
1. Rinse chicken breasts under running cold tap water and pat dry with kitchen towels.
2. Place the chicken breast on the cutting board and cut lengthwise, slice chicken breasts into uniform 1 inch-wide strips. You can get about 5-7 strips per breast keep aside, take a large bowl add buttermilk and chicken strips let it soak for 10 – 15 minutes.
3. In a large zip lock bag, add cornflakes, squeeze out as much air as possible much air and then seal the bag. Using a rolling pin, roll over cereal, crushing the cornflakes into small uniform pieces for coating chicken tenders (don’t roll the cereal into a fine powder).
4. In a large deep dish, add the crushed cornflakes with oregano, freshly chopped coriander, garam masala (add according to each desire), salt until thoroughly combined.
5. Switch on the flame and keep a skillet add olive oil / any oil, let it heat meantime let coat the chicken breast add the seasoned cornflakes mixture into chicken strip remove the excess buttermilk and give a quick shake & slightly pressing mixture to help them adhere to chicken, and coat all the remaining chicken strip with the same method.
6. When the oil is medium heat, place coated cornflakes crust chicken strips and let it cook for 6 minutes on each side then flip to the other side let it cook another 6 minutes (for total cooking 12 minutes) until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through.
7. Put the fried chicken on the kitchen tissue to take off the excess oil.
8. Serve with chilly, tomatoes & lemon, and any sauce or ketchup of your choice.
Cornflakes Crust Chicken can also be bake, take baking and grease, place the cornflakes crust chicken strips leave about 2 centimetres of space between each strip.
Bake chicken tenders for about 6 minutes and then flip over on the other side using tongs. Bake for another 6 minutes (for a total cooking time of 12 minutes) until it turns to golden brown & Crispy.