Chicken Manchurian is an Indo-Chinese meal, with fried chicken and coated in sweet and tangy sauce, it’s flavours are bursting in the mouth and it can be served with noodles or any rice. It is popular in the Indian subcontinent. It can cook with vegetarian version and non-veg version. It is loved by all kids and adult too.
Chicken Manchurian, is one of the favourite meal at my home and it vanishes so quick, and I am sure there are many Manchurian lovers out there.
How do you’ll prefer your Manchurian vegetarian version or a non-vegetarian one?
Chicken – 500 grm.
Ingredient for Marinade
Maida – ½ cup
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp.
Ginger/ garlic paste 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Ingredient for Sauce :
Onion medium – (diced fine)
Green Chilly 3 (diced fine)
Garlic Cloves – 3 pieces (diced into fine).
Oil for sauce and deep fry
Corn Flour – 2 tbsp.
Carrot medium – 1 (slice into lengthwise)
Green Pepper medium – 1 (diced into big chunk)
Garam masala – 1 tbsp.
Tomato Sauce – 3 tbsp.
Soya Sauce – 2 tbsp (I use Sweet & Sour)
Salt (according to your taste)
- Wash and dice the chicken into medium chunks apply salt, ginger/garlic paste, and black pepper & keep aside.
2. Now take a bowl, add maida / APF (All purpose flour), and black pepper add water and mix well into thick batter keep, now add the chicken chunk and keep for 10– 15 minutes
3. Meanwhile take a wok to add oil, at medium heat, add the marinade chicken and shallow fry to light brown in colour, and fry both sides, once done take a plate add tissue and fried chicken chunk to take excess oil.
Instructions for Sauce :
- Take a glass to add 1 tbsp. of cold water and add 1 tbsp. cornflour and keep aside.
2. Take a wok add 3 tbsp. oil at medium heat, add the chopped onion sauté for while it should not turn brown it has to be crunchy, then add chopped green chilly toss for 2 seconds, then add carrot toss for another 20 seconds, then green pepper and toss for another 10 seconds.
3. Add Garam masala, toss for a second, add tomato sauce, thick soya sauce, add the cornflour mixture and stirring constantly till sauce is thickened, add the fried chicken pieces and cook for 2 minutes incorporate well.
4. Check the gravy consistency, adjust according to desire check the salt, switch off the flame.
5. Serve with any Vegetable rice / any rice.
Ingredients for Vegetable Rice :
Rice – 2 cups cooked
Onion – 1 (diced fine)
Carrots – 1/4 cup (diced fine)
French Bean – ¼ cup (diced fine)
Garlic Cloves – 3 piece, minced
Olive Oil 4 tbs. (as required)
Salt to taste / Maggie Cube 2 piece.
- Cook the rice set aside to cool naturally (or refrigerate it for at least 3 hours uncovered or until completely dry and grains are easily separated).
2. Heat a wok in high heat. Make sure to keep all the ingredients already. Add the olive oil, followed by onion sauté for a second then add garlic, stir for 5-6 seconds and the minute the aroma starts wafting, add the rest of the vegetables.
3. Make sure nothing burns given that you are cooking in high heat. Keep stirring, this whole things should take around 30-40 seconds.
4. Next, add the rice. Stir until combined, Stir for the flavours to combine. Make sure you don’t stir it too much because the rice will break.
5. Serve the Vegetable Rice with Chicken Manchurian or any other gravy.
You want the vegetables to be cooked but still crunchy which is why it is important to chop the vegetables into small pieces (and also keep them uniform in size).
Can also add Soya Sauce it’s your choice I don’t use.
Can also add chicken, egg along with vegetable.