This chicken Gravy is full of lip-smacking and is it very delicious food in goa, it is using a blend of various spices and ground and cooked to perfection. It’s seasoned with tamarind juice and is served with steamed rice. It can also prepare with mutton, prawns, or even vegetables lovingly cooked in this special blend. This rich thick gravy is served with red goan boiled rice or with bread.
Health Benefit of Curry Leave :
* Curry leaves relief from kidney pain.
* For Cholesterol & Lose weight eat a few curry leaves for cholesterol reduction
every morning on an empty stomach
* Curry leaves contain iron, calcium, vitamin C, and phosphorous. It is also high in proteins, carbohydrates, and fibres.
The health benefits of eating curry leaves as you can see are many.
Do try this dish is packed with flavours, Scrumptious coconut & spices curry & relish.
1 Kg. Chicken
1 medium onion (chopped lengthwise)
1 Big Green chilly (Chopped into around)
5 Fresh Curry Leaves
3 Green Chilly
2 French Bean / Green Bean
Ground to Coarsely Paste :
1 Cup – Fresh Grated coconut
1 onion small (chopped into lengthwise)
½ “ inch ginger
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp. Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
4 – 5 Peppercorns
3 – 4 Cloves
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp. Curry powder
Tamarind paste small piece soak in hot water
Salt to taste
1. Clean the chicken and discard the skin, cut into medium-small pieces, wash nicely apply salt and keep aside.
2. Take a pan to add coconut dry roast till light brown take in a plate than in the same pan add onion, cumin & coriander seeds and add coconut, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cloves, ginger, cloves, dry roast the spices, take a blender to add the roasted ingredient and tamarind add tamarind soak water little and blend to smooth / coarsely paste.
3. Take a saucepan add oil at medium heat add curry leaves sauté for a second, then add chopped onion saute till it turns to translucent, then add the ground paste and cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Then add the Chicken sauté, let it cook for 3 – 4 minutes then add 1/2 cup water I wanted the gravy to be thick can add more water like 1 cup, let it cook until the sauce is simmering, add slit green chilly, cook for a further 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly and chicken is tender, taste and season with salt.
5. Take a pan a 1/2 tbsp. oil add the french bean and saute for a few seconds & close the flame.
6. Garnish with french bean / Fresh Coriander & serve with white stem rice, / goan pav/naan bread.
This Gravy can also make thick gravy or add more water according to the desired consistency.
Can also add dry red chilly, and roast before ground to paste.
Curry leave is optional I always use it for health benefits.
18 thoughts on “Chicken Gravy”
OH! OH! OH! I want! Chew on curry leaves for cholesterol reduction! I didn’t know that! Thanks!
Pleasure is Mine 🙂
Wow! Superb awesome gravy!
Thank dear Lina & glad you like 🙂
Yaayy!! I found you here on WordPress.. What a lovely recipe.. ❤️❤️
Have a great day..
Hi sweety R u on Fb glad that we met in blogging world too :*
Yes dearie.. I’m always following your recipe links on the groups… The way you think about food is really a class apart!! ❤️❤️❤️😍😍
I m delight with your kind compliment, it mean loat to me dearie :*
Awwwwhh.. You completely deserve it dear Mel!! I mean that..
O Noorian Thank a bunches, I m honored <3
Hugs right back dearie Noorian <3 <3
Chicken Gravy/Chicken Curry with rice has to be my favorite comfort food. It’s flawless! <3
Thx you so much dear & truly agree 🙂
Looks awesome Linda 🙂 and love the pictures 🙂
Thank you so much dearie <3
Thank you dear Ritu 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.