- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups bite-size sliced or cubed chicken breast
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable, or other cooking oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (Mushroom flavor light soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp black/dark soy sauce (optional – for color)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 green onions, chopped
- White pepper powder (black pepper will do just fine)
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedge and cucumber slices (authentic Thai style)
Heat the wok over high heat. Add half of the oil. Once the oil heated up, add eggs, scramble until almost cooked through, then push it to the one side of the wok.
Add the rest of the oil. Then add garlics, onions, and chicken. Stir quickly, until chicken is cooked and onion is soft.
Add rice and give it a good stir. Keep moving and gently press the rice with the back of spatula to loosen and mix in the ingredients. Stir and scrape – add a little more oil if you have to.
Add soy sauce, black soy sauce, and sugar. Stir to mix thoroughly.
Add green onion and white pepper powder. Stir just a little bit more to mix well.
Garnished with chopped cilantro. And serve with lime wedge (squeeze juice on top of rice before eating), then eat with the cucumber slides as a side. Enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.