Cabbage is a leafy green / purple biennial plant, grown as an annual vegetable crop for its dense-leaved heads. Closely related to other cole crops, such as broccoli & cauliflower. Smooth-leafed firm-headed green cabbages are the most common, with smooth-leafed red and crinkle-leafed of both colors seen more rarely.
It is a multi-layered vegetable. Under conditions of long sunlit days such as are found at high northern latitudes in summer, cabbages can grow much larger.
Well this is my mum amazing recipe and she use to prepare so well and juicy cabbage with loaded with prawns but today i don’t use prawn i kept it pure veggie. This is ma Sonshine favorite veggie gravy and would love to have with white steam rice, he love any gravy with yellow color, as dal also his favorite food.
This is goan cuisine and learn from my mum and she learn from her mum it’s pass generation to generation now i seal on ma blog to ma Princess Danica. I love to prepare this @ home our favorite veggie coated with coconut milk and awesome taste.
My mum amazing innovation recipe noted below :
- Cabbage – – 500 grm.
- Turmeric pwd. — 2 tsp.
- Coconut milk – – 1 tin (can also use fresh / dry coconut)
- Toothpick – – 10 piece.
- Onion – 2 medium (chopped into lengthwise)
- Tomato – 1 small (chopped into small cube)
- Coriander dry – 1 tbsp.
- Cumin – – 1 tsp.
- Garlic – – 2 cloves (chopped into small)
- Curry leave – – 4 piece.
- Tamarind water – 2 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Chopped the cabbage into big chunk ( as shown in the picture below) wash it & drain all the water, apply salt & then take 5 piece and insert the toothpick and do for whole cabbage.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, let it heat to a medium heat then add chopped garlic saute for while then add the curry leave sauté for second, then add the chopped onion saute till it turn to translucent.
- Then add the tomato sauté for while, then add the coriander, cumin & turmeric pwd. Sauté for while then add half coconut milk and cook for 3 mints. then ¾ cup of water add the cabbage stirring occasionally, keep on a low flame, then Add the coconut milk and stir well. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, let cook for about 10 minutes till it is done then close the flame.
- Serve hot with white steam rice or with flat bread. Top each serving with green chilly.
4 thoughts on “Cabbage with Coconut Milk / Roce”
I never thought of eating cabbage this way, Linda. Thank You for a great recipe.
Ma Pleasure sweety Aruna & glad u lk, it’s goan special spread ♡
Thx a ton Sweety Lori <3
You must log in to post a comment.