Beef Gravy with Pulao, who can say no to a perfect meal over a weekend, birthday, or any other occasions, beef green gravy is a goan traditional meal and it’s delectable and worth of having endlessly, it pairs great with Pulao, or white rice as each desire, I tried with pulao which I prepared often at my home, as my Sonshine is a great fan of Pulao.
Pulao I love the aroma, when I am cooking the whole house is feel with the aroma and beef gravy, really feeling once like at home in goa over a beautiful weekend, today I would love to share my very quick mum recipe, as I prepare in the rice cooker and give every tip I follow, as many ask me how my rice gain is separated, hope friend, after going through my recipe, you’ll also make a perfect pulao how I share always from my creation.
Recipe Source: My Mum
1 Kg Beef (Mix bone and meat – Cut into medium pieces)
3 Onions (medium – chopped)
1 Tomato (medium – chopped)
1 tsp Turmeric
Salt to taste/maggie cube 1 piece
Blend to Paste :
4 Green chilies (remove the seed if less spicy)
A handful of coriander leaves
9 Garlic Clove
2 inch Ginger
1 Lemon juice
8 Black peppercorns
2 Petals star anise (seeds discard)
1 tsp. Cumin seeds
3 tbsp Coriander seeds
2 red chilies
1. Clean the beef, cut to desire pieces, apply salt, and turmeric and keep for at least 20 minutes keep aside.
2. Take a blender and add all ingredients under blend ingredients and blend into a smooth paste, keep aside.
3. Chopped onion lengthwise and tomato into diced.
4. Take a rice cooker/pot heat oil at medium heat add chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent then add tomato and saute it to turn mushy.
5. Add the blended masala and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes add salt or Maggie cube according to taste.
6. Add the marinated beef & incorporate well, let it cook for some time, add 1 1/2 cup of water close the cooker and let it cook till the meat is tender (approximately close the flame with 2 whistles).
7. Once the cooker is cool down open the lid, adjust with salt and gravy consistency, if required add some water and cook while switching off the flame.
8. Serve with Pulao / Plain Stem Rice.
Ingredients for Pulao :
2 cup Basmati rice
2 Onion medium
1 Tomato medium
A pinch of Turmeric pwd.
4 cup water
2 tbsp. Milk.
Some green peas for garnish
salt to taste/maggie 2 piece
1. Wash the rice and set it aside. Chopped the onion lengthwise, and tomato.
2. Heat oil in a rice cooker, at medium heat add onion sauté till translucent. Then add in the tomato and sauté till it is mushy.
3. Add the turmeric pwd., add a tablespoon of milk ( help prevents the rice from getting sticky), add water and Maggie/salt, and incorporate well.
4. Add the rice give a quick stir, close the lid and switch to cook, let it cook, in meantime check the Maggie/salt if desire adds more & cook till water evaporates, from the top and when you check the rice there is water, close the flame and don’t open the lid, after 5 minutes when you open the lid you can see the rice is nicely cooked and each grain is separated.
5. Take the Pulao on a platter garnish with green peas & Serve with Beef Gravy or any other Gravy with chilled water, squeeze lemon juice, and garnish with a lemon.
6. Relish the delectable platter with chilled lime water.
For Lime Water – Take a pitcher to add 3 cups chilled water squeeze lime and stir, take a glass and pour water, and garnish with lime wedges, Enjoy with Beef Gravy with Pulao.
Today I took each step picture of my perfect rice and my friends always ask me how I get a perfect rice grain separated.
When you cook in Rice Cooker no need to soak the rice.
Hope this procedure will help to cook the perfect rice like mine, it a full proof tip, from my mum, and it never goes wrong.
Do give it a try and relish with the long grain with any gravy.