Beef Chilly Fry / Beef Stir- Fry is a very popular dish of Goan Cuisine, it’s delicious & sure I don’t have to say much for Goan before I mentioned in detail about “Beef Chilly Fry”, it is slow cook dish which flavor with spices and bit tangy flavor with our homemade vinegar, it’s just terrific and every goan favorite dish with a bit crunch of onion and veggie.
Beef Chilly is prepared in many ways first they cook with ginger and garlic with spices, then sauté with onion and some veggie and final step for chilly fry, today I tried a beef chilly fry with a bit twist by add a terrific ingredient that is Racheado Masala, and believe me it was just terrific and then saute for second and then cook meat with this masala the aroma with just drooling, then for the final touch for chilly fry with onion and veggie garnish with fresh red chilly and dash of fresh coriander. This chilly fry is my family favorite and just love the final touch with soy and tomato sauce it just outstanding, so friend if you hook up my Beef Chilly Fry, do try, and if you can use goan homemade vinegar and relish every bite.
1. Cut the beef meat to medium slice or can cut also in cubs, wash dry and apply salt, keep aside.
2. Chopped the onion & tomato lengthwise, heat the pot add oil and at medium heat add chopped onion and saute till it is translucent, then add the tomato let it cook till mushy.
3. Add the recheado masala and saute for the second, add meat, add ¼ cup water and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, switch off the flame.
4. Heat the skillet at medium heat add chopped carrot sauté for while, don’t overcook then add onion sauté for while then add green pepper sauté for 3 seconds then add cook meat, add soya & tomato sauce incorporate well, check the salt add according to taste, switch off the flame garnish with chopped fresh red chilly.
5. Serve with Bread / Pav, Pita Bread or can serve with white rice also & Relish every bite. With chilled Limca. 🙂
Chilly Fry can be with any meat or soya chunk also it will be outstanding.
If you don’t want to use Recheado Masala can replace garam masala.